Following the death of Mahsa Amini in Tehran on 16 September 2022, Iranians have been protesting for their basic human rights. On 25 November 2022, 12KBW will be hosting a breakfast for legal professionals to raise awareness of the issues facing, in particular, Iranian women.
In attendance will be Nina Navid (of Amnesty International UK), Annahita Moradi-Balf (a barrister at One Pump Court Chambers) and 12KBW’s Ghazaleh Rezaie. They will be providing insight into the ways we can all help support those fighting for their rights in Iran. Come and join us for a morning of tea, Iranian pastries and discussion and help us to spread the word about what can be done to support those in Iran.
Please RSVP by 4pm on 21 November 2022.
Ghazaleh is known to her solicitors for her attention to detail and ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly and efficiently. Ghazaleh is sensitive to the commercial realities of litigation and strives to achieve results which make practical and commercial sense to those instructing her.
Clients find her approachable and appreciate the way she is able to put them at ease swiftly. She is an effective and persuasive advocate with excellent cross-examination skills.
Ghazaleh’s practice encompasses all aspects of Employment and Personal Injury Law, acting for both Claimants and Defendants and from individuals to large corporate entitiesView full profile
Annahita’s practice involves a range of issues including the rights to natural resources, land, development, and employment; and matters of due process, arbitrary detention, torture, and ill-treatment. She works with a range of regional and international human rights systems and mechanisms. Annahita’s cases include:
- UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and the Foreign Secretary: Request for Diplomatic Protection concerning individual arbitrarily detained in Middle Eastern country. Client released and repatriated before completing their sentence (Junior Counsel, 2020 – 2022)
- African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights: Communication concerning natural resources, property, development, and employment in MENA region. Secured seizure of case (Legal team, 2021 – Present)
- UN Committee Against Torture: Communication concerning individual in European country. Secured provisional measures (Legal team, 2021 – Present)
- UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention: Communication concerning individual detained in Middle Eastern country. Secured arbitrary detention finding (Junior Counsel, 2021 – 2022)
- UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention: Advice concerning administrative detention in European country (Junior Counsel, 2021)
- EU and International Law: Advice concerning EU competence to criminalise forced sterilisations (Junior Counsel, 2022)
- EU Global Human Rights Sanctions Regime: Advice concerning individuals in Middle Eastern country (Junior Counsel, 2021 – 2022)
Amnesty International UK