Jessica began pupillage in October 2023 under the supervision of Marcus Dignum KC. Jessica is interested in gaining experience in all core areas of Chambers’ work, and is provisionally able to accept instructions from April 2024.
Prior to pupillage, Jessica worked at an Employment Tribunal and for the Nursing and Midwifery Council. She also undertook ProBono work, notably representing families in appeals against school exclusions (via the School Exclusion Project). In addition, during her legal studies she volunteered with Advocate and various law clinics, and was a Director of the Gray’s Inn school outreach project.
Jessica studied Biomedical Sciences at Durham University, where she graduated with a first class degree. In her legal studies, Jessica obtained a Distinction in both the GDL and Bar Course, and was supported by Gray’s Inn and institution scholarships.
Outside of work, Jessica is a keen musician with a particular love for orchestral and musical theatre playing.
Qualifications & Awards
- Bar Vocational Studies (Distinction), City Law School (2023)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction), University of Law (2021)
- BSc Biomedical Sciences (First-Class Honours), Durham University (2020)
- Headridge and Residential Bar Course Scholarship (Gray’s Inn)
- City Law School Scholarship for Academic Excellence and Bar Vocational Studies Scholarship (City, University of London)
- Dame Joyanne Bracewell GDL Scholarship (Gray’s Inn)
- Lee Essay Prize, Runner-up (Gray’s Inn)
- University of Law (Sheffield) Mooting Competition 2021, Winner
- Sheffield University Herbert Smith Freehills Mooting Competition 2021, Winner
- University of Law (Sheffield) Plea-in-Mitigation Competition 2021, Winner
- Durham University Mooting Novice Cup 2019, Runner-up