- Closing date: 26/02/2024
- Reporting to: Business Operations Manager [“BOM”]
- Salary: £35,000
To have lead responsibility for the management of the facilities room and supervision of the facilities team. The facilities department are responsible for maintaining Chambers’ buildings and rooms, distributing post, creating bundles for Court and ensuring stock levels are maintained.
To assist in the running of all chambers reception services.
To assist, supervise and support Facilities Management.
12 King’s Bench Walk (12KBW) is a large, top-ranked civil set of Barristers’ Chambers with a well-deserved reputation for excellence. 12KBW’s core practice areas are personal injury, clinical negligence, costs, employment, industrial disease and international travel claims.
We have been at the forefront of developments in the law, having been instructed in many landmark cases in recent times. Clients include the leading law firms in the UK and FTSE 100 companies. 12KBW consistently wins awards in its specialist areas of law.
We are professional and dedicated, whilst remaining approachable and friendly. Our barristers come from a range of backgrounds, and we are proud of our record of recruitment based purely on merit. We have 93 barristers, including 13 King’s Counsel.
Our offices are based within the highly picturesque and historic Inner Temple Estate (London EC4) overlooking Inner Temple Gardens and the River Thames.
To assist in the running of all chambers reception services to include the following:
- manage all telephone and email communications into chambers reception (and supporting the practice managers in respect of the same as and when appropriate) including all necessary telephone redirection and out of hours services
- manage the booking and allocation of conference/seminar rooms to members and chambers respectively
- help organise all conferences and other events hosted within chambers, including establishing numbers/identity of all those attending, and the preparation of all rooms
- arrange any necessary IT support for any conferences or other events hosted within chambers
- manage the Lex diary entries to enter all necessary details of any conferences and other events hosted within chambers
- maintain a visible presence at Front of House at all times during the working day, and meeting, greeting and attending to all clients
- nurture and build positive relationships with all clients
- ensure that all conference and public rooms are properly cleaned, maintained and equipped
- arrange for the provision of beverages for all clients
- order in and set up lunch as required
- field all general enquiries as appropriate
- assisting to process all incoming post, parcels and deliveries
To have lead responsibility for the management of the facilities department to include the following:
- supervision and support of facilities management staff
- maintenance and upkeep of all rooms and common areas
- assist the BOM with ongoing renovations to the buildings, including acquiring quotes and overseeing building works
- assist the BOM with general maintenance of the building and planned improvements
- assist BOM in efficient and cost-effective management and review (to ensure best value for money) of various supply contracts for chambers including:
- telephone services
- refreshments (coffee/water machines etc.)
- refurbishment works
- office equipment
- assist with the planning, management and execution of room and office moves
- organise any chambers meetings (for all of chambers and any committees) as required
- arrange for parking permits for members and clients as necessary
- provide practical administrative assistance to chambers practice groups and committees where possible and appropriate
- assist with the organisation and contracting for external chambers events
- assist with travel and entertainment bookings for members or chambers as and when appropriate
- support the practice managers with diary management as and when appropriate
- support the marketing team in the administration of marketing events
- support the BOM with the implementation of all health and safety procedures and their continual review
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for career progression
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Private health insurance and travel insurance
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loan
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com, with ‘Front of House and Head of Facilities’ in the subject by 5pm on Monday 26th February 2024.
If you have any questions about the role or the process to apply, please contact Rachel Lockhart, Business Operations Manager on 020 7415 8403 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equality & diversity
12 King’s Bench Walk is an equal opportunities employer, and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to recognising and valuing individual differences.
We encourage applications from those with diverse backgrounds and those with protected characteristics.
We have included Chambers Equality & Diversity Monitoring form. You do not have to complete the form, but it will help us improve our services and processes if you could complete as much as possible. We use this information to review our processes to ensure they are fair and transparent, and do not have an adverse impact on any particular group.